|Project Title||Marketing & Communications Assistance|
|Project Summary||Connect innovators, solvers and partners to the opportunities of All Children Reading: A Grand Challenge for Development and share our competitions and innovations with target audiences.|
|Agency||Agency for International Development|
|Number of Interns||1|
All Children Reading: A Grand Challenge for Development (ACR GCD) is an ongoing series of competition that leverages science and technology to source and disseminate scalable solutions to improve literacy outcomes in developing countries. The Partners--USAID, World Vision and the Australian Government--are soliciting creative, cost-effective innovations from the global science, technology, education and broader communities to improve reading for children in early grades. For more information visit AllChildrenReading.org or follow @ReadingGCD.
The intern will have the opportunity to provide communication support for our reading innovations and competitions. This internship provides an opportunity to apply their research, communication, social media, website management, education and/or international development studies and experience to improve reading outcomes for early grade learners in developing countries.
The intern can contribute to improving reading for early grade children in developing countries through the following tasks:
• Curate and create relevant content for twitter content calendar
• Compile statistics in areas such as early grade literacy in developing countries, ACR GCD focus areas, and ACR GCD prize competitions
• Create list of incubators/key solver networks to engage in upcoming prize competitions
Design, Writing and Editing
• Contribute content for monthly eNewsletter
• Develop prize competition communication pieces
• Create and/or solicit content (blogs, feature stories, etc.) from ACR innovators, Partners, thought-leaders and/or technical experts for website, eNewsletter, etc.
• Develop feature stories about ACR innovators for sharing on website and other mediums
• Manage photo library
• Assistance in graphic design and digital media a plus but not required
• Curate mentions of ACR Innovators in news
• Research ACR innovator stories for media pitching
• Develop and update profiles of Innovators on AllChildrenReading.org
• Provide google analytics for website