|Project Title||Social Media contributor. Videos | Photos | Research | Speaker|
|Project Summary||Interns will contribute original content to the Consulate’s social media platforms, in accordance with weekly themes provided by the Consulate.|
|Country of Focus||United States|
|Agency||Department of State|
|Number of Interns||2|
Each intern will contribute original content to the Consulate’s social media platforms, in accordance with weekly themes provided by the Consulate. Each intern is also expected to do some research to understand the theme and determine relevant, culturally appropriate content. The content from an intern will be visual – original photos, videos, interviews, campus tours, and other appropriate original input.
Each intern is also expected to connect monthly with Pakistani universities and/or schools to do virtual presentations on topics such as student life in the United States. These presentations require the intern to speak on a specific topic for approximately 10 to 15 minutes and then engage in a question and answer session with the audience.
|Editing and proofreading|
|Social media management|
The Consulate has a growing social media following of more than 900,000 subscribers. The purpose of our social media outreach is to promote a positive bilateral relationship by showing U.S. Embassy and Consulate engagement with Pakistan and providing information that portrays American culture and society. The Consulate uses a variety of sources for content such as information from State Department sources, including International Information Programs, Embassy and Consulate initiatives, and activities of USG exchange program alumni. To add to this social media content, PAS Peshawar proposes hiring two virtual interns to produce original content.
What do we expect of virtual interns:
• He/she should be fully aware of current social media technologies and best practices to disseminate information.
• He/she should be able to photograph events, and record and edit videos.
• He/she should have excellent social media writing skills for Facebook and Twitter.
• He/she should be comfortable with making presentations to student audiences via Skype and other virtual technologies.
• He/she should have some knowledge of Pakistan and its culture.
• He/she should be able to work in accordance with the Pakistani time zone.